Ukrainian Women Guide
The beauty of Ukrainian women is legendary. The neighboring countries and Russia, and Poland, have been the source of brides for Ukrainian men for centuries. Ukraine – a kind of bridge between two continents – is a meeting point of the cultures of Europe and Asia. The representatives of these two opposite worlds often intermarried, which gave a unique charm to Ukrainian girls. So it is not surprising that the most beautiful women in the world come from here.
The women of Ukraine are known for their incredible femininity and natural looks. The charming Ukrainian girls seem to be a perfect match for any man. Their natural beauty and good manners make them even more attractive. If you are thinking of finding your soulmate here, this article is for you.
Ukrainian brides who are looking for a husband abroad right now
The main character traits of Ukrainian women
- Honesty. Honesty is one of the most important values for Ukrainian women. They are honest with their feelings, relationships, and actions.
- Family-Oriented. Ukrainian girls are very family-oriented. Family is always first for them, but they keep their relationships strong with friends as well.
- Reserved. Ukrainian girls are rarely loud or rude to others without good reason, unlike some American women or other women from other cultures.
- Self-sufficient. As a rule, Ukrainian women don’t like to rely on others. They are independent and can handle a lot of things by themselves. Women from Ukraine think that the best recipe for a happy family is when a wife is able to keep everything under control – from the kitchen to the housecleaning and clothes washing, and the husband – to bring home a decent salary to support his family.
- Practicality. The typical woman from Ukraine is very practical and down-to-earth. She doesn’t like to waste her time on unimportant things and always makes sure everything she does has purpose. Will spend time on personal development because she understands that it’s important to evolve as a person. She enjoys taking care of herself by eating healthy food, working out at the gym or getting her nails done. Even just doing something nice for herself like going out with friends or getting a massage every once in a while.
Ukrainian women’s culture
The perception of women in Ukrainian culture
Women in Ukraine: Various historical, religious, and social factors have shaped women’s perception of women in Ukrainian culture. Ukrainian society has undergone substantial changes in recent years. Women’s rights and roles changed after the Soviet Union (USSR) collapsed, and the declaration of Ukrainian independence in 1991 created a new sociopolitical environment for women.
Women’s roles in the economy, politics, and society have changed. In particular, the average age that women marry has increased; it is no longer uncommon for Ukrainian women to pursue higher education or a career before marriage, nor is it unusual for them to be the primary breadwinners for their families.
Women’s health issues have also been on the rise, including domestic violence and sexual harassment. According to a 2014 survey by the United Nations Population Fund, 19% of Ukrainian women between ages 15 and 49 have experienced physical and 8% sexual violence from a partner or non-partner. In 2021, the Global Gender Gap Report ranked Ukraine 74th out of 156 countries regarding gender equality.
Women are still viewed as objects that are to serve men.
Numerous male chauvinistic sayings support this belief, such as “A woman’s place is in the kitchen,” – which is very common. Another expression is, “There’s no man like a mother’s son.” These sayings illustrate the very traditional gender roles that Ukrainian culture has established for centuries.
Men are seen as superior to women in almost every aspect of life by most Ukrainians. This mentality stems from when Ukraine was under Russian rule, and women were seen as inferior. Men held power in family matters and society in general.
Even though Ukraine has been independent of Russia since 1991, this mentality remains in today’s society.
Cultural differences between Ukraine and the West
Cultural differences in societies can cause misunderstandings and lead to failure. It is very important to be aware of such differences when communicating.
Culturally, there are some glaring differences between the West and Ukrainian culture. For one, the mindset of the average Ukrainian is very different. They will expect you to be direct and not beat around the bush, which may come as a shock to many westerners who are used to sugar coating everything (especially their rejection).
Another cultural difference between Ukraine and the west is that Westerners generally like talking about their feelings, while Ukrainians aren’t fond of this. For example, if your girlfriend says something hurtful or makes you angry, it might be considered normal for her to shrug it off and leave it at that.
Western society has a different perception of time than Eastern European countries like Ukraine. In the USA, it is acceptable to be late for an appointment when you call and tell the person that you are stuck in traffic or apologize and say that you had a meeting that lasted longer than expected. In Ukraine, however, being late without a reasonable excuse would be bad etiquette.
Many Ukrainians are incredibly punctual because they are used to doing everything according to schedule. For example, if someone tells you that they will do something, they will do it. They will not tell you that they will do it tomorrow or in one or two days. This is why people in Western countries often say, “Ukrainians are very honest.”
More Ukrainians who are looking for a partner abroad
Ukrainian Women and English Language
A Ukrainian woman born in Soviet times has not been taught English at school very well. She knows only some essential words she has picked up during her job or from watching TV or reading newspapers. She doesn’t understand technical terms or complex instructions given to her in English.
If she doesn’t know how to say something in Russian or Ukrainian, she will express herself by gestures. This is never considered rude – on the contrary, it shows that she cares about you and tries to understand what she needs! Also, if you don’t speak good Russian or Ukrainian, try not to worry too much about it – your smile is always understood!
Now a lot of Ukrainian Girls love to learn English because they want to improve their communication skills. This is why they will be more than happy to learn English with you even if you are not planning on marrying them.
After all, by doing so, both of you will be able to improve your communication skills, making your relationship stronger. You can help each other out when translating different things or having discussions about specific topics.
Marrying Ukrainian woman
Features of Ukrainian women for marriage
Ukrainian women for marriage tend to be very loyal, faithful, and devoted wives. They know what they want from life and how to achieve it.
On the other hand, Ukrainian women may seem too stubborn and demanding, which can often lead their men into depression or cause quarrels in the family. But this is only a surface — deep down, Ukrainians are warm-hearted and always willing to help others.
These women will never betray you and will always stand at your side in any situation. They are characterized by their spontaneity and active approach to life.
Ukrainian girls are known for their friendliness and ability to make friends quickly. They are also pretty good listeners who enjoy spending time with others, especially children.
In terms of health, Ukrainian brides take care of their appearance very carefully. They often pay more attention to it than local women do!
Women from Ukraine are very family-oriented. They are looking for a long-term relationship, not just a one-time affair, so if you want to live with a woman who will always be there for you, Ukrainian women might be a perfect choice.
Despite being famous for being beautiful and feminine, Ukrainian women have different interests and hobbies. For example, many enjoy sports, engage in fitness activities, and work out at the gym. They also love music and dancing.
Women from Ukraine love to travel worldwide; they visit new places every year and adore nature. Your future wife will be delighted if you are into outdoor activities or have a big garden or even just a tiny balcony where you can grow some plants.
Ukrainian women are very loyal to their family members. They love spending time with their relatives, cooking together, celebrating holidays together, etc. If you need someone to make your life happier – think about a Ukrainian bride!
Pros and cons of marrying a Ukrainian woman
It would be best if you got all the facts before deciding whether or not to go through with this process. Like any other relationship, there are ups and downs, but it is worth every moment for most men.
- A Ukrainian woman is one of the most loving and caring people you will ever meet in your entire life. They treat their husbands like kings and they want them to be happy at all times. You can talk to them about anything and they will listen patiently with a smile on their face. They always try their best to make you happy.
- Marriage is not just something they do for convenience; it’s a commitment that they take very seriously. They will never put your needs above hers, but she’ll gladly take care of your needs as well as hers if you allow her to do so.
- Ukrainian women can be great home makers – they know how to keep their houses clean and organized, how to prepare tasty meals for their families, and most importantly
- The differences in culture. The number one mistake men make when marrying a Ukrainian woman is that they expect her to be American or at least European in her outlook and culture. They want her to be able to assimilate easily into their community, fit into their lifestyle, and embrace their way of thinking. However, this isn’t always possible with an Eastern European bride and can lead to big problems in your marriage if you don’t understand and accept the differences in culture and way of life between the U.S., Europe, and Ukraine before marriage.
- High expectations of the man. This isn’t something that’s written in stone, but it is something that’s true for many Ukrainian brides. A lot of them come from poverty or struggle financially even after they’ve married into a more prosperous lifestyle (although they almost always improve their circumstances). They often come from families where the father didn’t stick around. For this reason, they expect their husbands to be providers and protectors. She’ll love you for who you are and she’ll support you in everything you do, but she expects you to be strong for her and your family.
- Separation until emigration. You may be forced to live apart until you can get her paperwork sorted out and she gains legal status in the country where you live. This could mean several months or even year of separation.
Please be aware that provided links are not legal advice. Get advice from a certified lawyer about your future wife’s emigration process before marriage.
Just keep in mind that you should never marry a woman just because she’s beautiful or intelligent if she doesn’t have the same values as you do or if she doesn’t share it.
Ukrainian wedding traditions
Ukrainian wedding traditions and customs are based on the country’s long and rich cultural history.
Ukraine is a country of different people, each group having its customs and traditions. The most widespread of these is the celebration of weddings and marriages. The wedding traditions in Ukraine vary from one region to another, but the essence remains the same: marriage is a sacred union between two people, blessed by God and their families; it is a blessing for all who participate.
A Ukrainian wedding is an unforgettable event celebrated over three days: usually on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. That’s why there exists such a thing as a three-day marriage.
On the first day of the celebration, the parents of the bridegroom invite their friends for dinner. The next day, Saturday, is when ceremonies take place in the church or a registry office. This day is full of various rituals and ceremonies. On Sunday, there are celebrations with family members at home or in restaurants.
Girls in Ukraine typically marry at around 25 years of age, whereas men marry at about 28 years. In western Ukraine, the average age of marriage for both men and women is higher than in other parts of Ukraine because people living in these areas tend to be more religious.
What men do Ukrainian women like?
- From different countries;
- Well-groomed and dress well;
- Take care of themselves and know what they want in life;
- Make them laugh;
- Smarter than they are;
- More respectful, communicative and romantic;
- Intelligent, confident and kind;
- Make the first move;
- Strong and active;
- Applaud their beauty in public, even if it’s subtle.
Top 5 popular Ukrainian women names
As it is known, each country has its peculiarities in naming children. In Ukraine, there is also such a tradition. The names of Ukrainian women, at first sight, don’t wildly different from the Western world’s. But if we look closer at it, we can notice some differences.
Here are the top 5 popular Ukrainian women names:
- Anna – It’s also very popular in other countries and was taken as a model for many female names like Anne, Annie, Annaa and others.
- Maryna – The name is not so popular as Anna, but still it’s quite frequent among Ukrainians. We can find it also in other countries as Marie or Maria.
- Olena – This name sounds similar to Helen and was taken as a model for such names as Elona and Elena.
- Oksana – This name sounds similar to the English language word October and Greek word “oktoberi” and was taken as a model for such names as Tanya or Taisiya and other names with similar pronunciation.
- Daryna – It’s also not so popular name in Ukraine. Women with this name are most often born in February, March and April. It is one of the most popular names among students. Almost every third Daryna or Daria studies at the university or college!